Pages

Nuffnang Ads

Friday 14 December 2012

AFF SUZUKI CUP 2012: A red card for a confrontation


FADHLI Shas was deeply upset for letting his team down yesterday but it was not his fault in the AFF Cup semi-final second leg in Bangkok.

nst online

Fadhli Shas walks off the field after picking up his second yellow card in the AFF Suzuki Cup semi-final second leg in Bangkok yesterday. AFP pic
The 21-year-old felt that Korean referee Lee Min Hu made the wrong decision in sending him off for a second yellow card offence.
Defender Fadhli lost his head when Datsakorn Thonglao elbowed him in the shoulder during an aerial challenge in the 42nd minute. He then confronted the midfielder.
"I don't know why the referee sent me off.
"He should have been fair with his decision. He did not even see what had actually happened," said Fadhli before getting into the team bus at the Supachalasai Stadium.
"I only approached Datsakorn to ask him why he had elbowed me. It was painful. But the referee saw it differently."
"It changed the course of the match. I think if the referee had not sent me off, the result would have been very different."
Thailand coach Winfried Schafer claimed he did not see the incident.
"It happened to me in the first leg when the referee sent me off to the stands.
"Anyway, we played much better and even if Malaysia had 11 players, we would have won," said Schafer.
National coach K. Rajagobal had to reshuffle his squad after Gary Steven Robbat complained of food poisoning hours before the match.
"I needed to make changes and decided on playing Baddrol Baktiar. Gary was vomiting earlier in the day.
"I also substituted S. Kunanlan in the second half after he had injured his knee.
"Playing one man short spoiled my plans as I had a strategy. It totally changed the game. However, I am very proud of my boys for their fighting qualities.
"I am not disappointed. All the best to Thailand in the final," said Rajagobal.

No comments:

Post a Comment